Re-Think
Monday, July 18, 2016
I had a little bit of a re-think in terms of the style of album cover I wanted to produce. I didn't like the look of the plain photo before with just the artist and song written across it. It didn't look right. So I turned to Google for inspiration and found this cover which I really liked.
I really liked the digital art style and so had ago myself on Photoshop using the original picture as a base to build on.
I decided my efforts weren't the best. However my lovely sister is a lot better at digital art and has the right tools and software. She saw my struggles and came to the rescue. We spent majority of the night sat working (her drawing and me semi directing
(I mostly gave her free range due to her expertise)). It took a good few hours but below is the final result of which I am very happy. Originally we couldn't decide as to whether a colourful background (a comparison to the hard trouble the character is going through) or a more neutral (as though to reflect the character inner pain (Getting deep)) Would work best but eventually decided on neutral.
I then took over to work a title. I quickly settled on the style on of the songs name however the artist wasn't so easy and took me several attempts.
Finally I settled on this one.






0 comments