Lighting

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Over the summer I borrowed two lights from school and thought I do some practices with them to see what effects they have on the image. I also added natural lighting and my bed room light which would be used I lighting wasn't available. I was interested to see how it would affect the quality of the image.
Enjoy staring at my plant.







I've found my favourite shots were the ones using either natural lighting during the day or the large LED light as these gave good clean shots. However I did like the smaller LED or when the Large LED was closed as it gave quite a dark, eerie, shadowed effect while still keeping the image crisp compared the naturally lit evening shots which just appeared fuzzy. I wasn't as keen on the filters on the LED lights but believe they could have their place depending on their use. My least favourite was the use of my artificial bedroom light. I feel as though the orange effect lowers the quality of the shots and shows them to have little thought/rushed.
The results are certainly something I'll take into account when shooting my final music video.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts